Emergent Solutions Group is highly rated in course design and instruction on a wide array of topics, including accounting, auditing, personal development, project management, practice management, and more.
- Save time and money. Offer successfully proven courses from our course catalog, or cost-effectively create customized, top-shelf content that is practical, engaging and enjoyable.
- Alleviate time pressures on your current course developers. Rely on an experienced course designer who can complete high-quality projects from scratch in a reasonable timeframe.
- Enhance existing training courses that get marginal feedback from the participants, or do not achieve desired outcomes. Depend on a fresh perspective to ensure that participants get excited and involved in the topic. Interactive, engaging and useful content helps participants retain the skills and knowledge you are attempting to teach and apply it on the job.
- Get more out of “off-the-shelf” training. Use the skills of a knowledgeable training designer to customize stock training to better meet your organization's needs.
- Relieve overwhelmed in-house instructors. Trust an experienced resource to deliver material instead of hiring a full-time instructor or asking staff with competing priorities to add an additional burden to already busy schedules.
- Provide less-experienced instructors with support and coaching necessary to do to a more effective job. ESG will provide your instructors with coaching and proven tips and techniques that make training programs a success.
- Developing High-Caliber, Cost-Effective Training Content
- Create or customize quality content in a reasonable time frame
- Spearhead research, development and delivery of new training products and services to meet your organization’s specific needs (and even partner to market to others, if desired)
- Work with your subject matter expert as an overall project management and design specialist
- Revamping or Customizing Existing Training Offerings
- Enhance training courses to be more interactive, engaging and fun
- Customize “off-the-shelf” content to better meet your organization’s specific needs
- Update content for current developments
- Critically rethink and challenge whether content provides practical knowledge that participants can immediately implement and find valuable
- “On-Call” Instructing and Speaking
- Provide reliable and experienced delivery of content in a confident, interactive, and polished style
- Training the Trainer
- Teach your instructors proven techniques that make delivering training programs a success
background & experience
Jennifer has over 20 years experience in designing and instructing high-quality training programs in a wide variety of technical and “soft skills” topics needed for professional and organization success. In 2003 she founded Emergent Solutions Group, which is dedicated to meeting organization’s professional training needs on a project or part-time basis. Jennifer serves a wide variety of clients, including public accounting firms, private industry corporations, and public sector agencies.
Previously Jennifer served as the Director of Audit Product Development at Surgent Professional Education for three years. Prior to that, Jennifer was Executive Vice President/Director of Training Services at AuditWatch, Inc., a highly respected training and audit process consulting firm later acquired by Thomson Reuters. Over her six years at AuditWatch, Jennifer served many roles. She began her career at AuditWatch as Vice President of Product Development. Jennifer also served as an instructor and consultant for the firm’s Audit Productivity Improvement Program (a comprehensive program enabling accounting firms to enhance audit quality and improve audit efficiency), as well as various other training courses. Later, Jennifer was primarily responsible for working with clients to design high-caliber, customized training programs. She led the Training Services Division, which includes AuditWatch University (“core-level” staff training for new hires to managers) and related offerings. She also co-authored the Guide to Value-Added Auditing (Thomson/Practitioners Publishing Company, Fort Worth, TX, July 2001).
Before joining AuditWatch, Jennifer was the Financial/Operational Audit Manager at AARP. While at AARP she served as one of their specially trained facilitators available as a resource throughout the organization for designing and leading strategic meetings and trainings.
Jennifer was also an Audit Manager at Deloitte, in Washington, DC. During her five years with Deloitte, she was a frequent local and national instructor. Jennifer also served as an instructor for the firm’s national “Train the Trainers” program.
Jennifer graduated summa cum laude from Marymount University with a BBA-Accounting. She is currently a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and is licensed to practice accounting in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Contact Jennifer via email at email@example.com, or via LinkedIn